ITSO provides the following services:
In support of IP creation by facilitating access to global science and technology information:
- Serve as a patent search facility and library for patent information;
- Provide skills training in patent searching;
- Render patent search services; and
- Organize a community of patent information users.
In support of IP protection by promoting domestic and globally-competitive innovations:
- Provide general information on patents and patenting;
- Provide skills training in patent drafting and prosecution;
- Render patent drafting and prosecution services; and
- Organize a community of experts to participate in patent examination.
In support of IP utilization by assisting commercialization of globally-competitive innovations;
- Render IP audit and evaluation services;
- Provide licensing support;
- Provide advice on IP management and commercialization strategies; and
- Be a depository of patent-related documents, papers and statistics.