The Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL) is inviting researchers, students, inventors and innovators to join the 2016 Ambassador M. Yao (AMY) Intellectual Property (IP) Awards Competition. The 2016 AMY IP Awards is organized by the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI).
This year’s AMY IP Awards are given in pursuit of PCCI’s goals:
- to build a strong industry-academe linkage;
- to support the development and commercialization of locally-developed technologies; and
- to promote the appreciation and application of intellectual property rights in schools, universities or Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
"It shall be conferred to intellectual creations generated by students, faculty, researchers or inventors, working within or in collaboration with the schools, universities and HEIs that will have the most substantial positive impact on the lives of people in the community. The AMY IP Awards seeks to recognize the Filipino creativity and innovation," the communication stated.
To be eligible for the Awards, a nominated intellectual property must be a patented or a patentable technology or subject matter, in the invention category, meeting the following criteria:
- Has been the output of a research conducted within or in collaboration with any school, university or HEI in the Philippines;
- Has been certified novel by way of a patent search conducted by an Innovation and Technology Support Office (ITSO);
- Will solve an existing problem of society or contribute to the development of the local community;
- The products or services applying the invention has commercial potential; and
- Is environmentally sound and sustainable.
- 1) Submission of entries: June 30-August 12, 2016
- 2) Pre-screening and evaluation by IPOPHL: August 2016
- 3) Presentation, final judging, and announcement of AMY IP Awards Winners: September 14, 2016
- 4) Awarding of AMY IP Awards Winners: October 12, 2016
Deadline for submission of nominations/entries is 12 August 2016.
- AMY National IP Award Grand winner:
- Collegiate: Cash Prize of PhP150,000.00from PCCI and trophy from IPOPHL
- Professional: Cash Prize of PhP150,000.00from PCCI and trophy from IPOPHL
- AMY National IP Award 1stRunner-up:
- Collegiate: Cash Prize of PhP50,000.00from PCCI and trophy from IPOPHL
- Professional: Cash Prize of PhP50,000.00from PCCI and trophy from IPOPHL
Please contact Engr. Jeffrey T. Dellosa, the TDTLO Manager of the University at email@example.com or mobile: 09176349497 for more details.